Friday, December 21, 2012

The Weaver

My life is but a weaving between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors He worketh steadily.

Oft times He weaveth sorrow, and I in foolish pride
forget He sees the upper but I the under side. 

Image "Loom - iPhone 4" courtesy of Flickr artist Jeffrey Turner

           Not till the loom is silent and 
the shuttles cease to fly,
shall God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needed in the 
Weaver's skillful hand,
as threads of gold and silver in 
the pattern life has planned.

Image "In the details..." courtesy of Flickr artist Barb Howe

Benjamin Malachi Franklin (1882-1965)

Lord, today I choose to remember to thank you for both the threads of gold and silver, 
as well as the threads of black and gray.  And I purpose not to whine.


Remain faithful,
Dave

No comments: